Updated March 2020
By using our Site or the Services, you consent to the collection and use of this information by Service Experts and its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates or any successor entity consistent with this Policy. If we decide to change our Policy, we will notify you so that you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances we disclose it.
II.Personal Information We Collect:
“Personal Information” means any information about you that can, directly or indirectly, identify you. It does not include data that cannot identify you (anonymous or aggregated data). We collect your Personal Information in one of the following ways: (a) Information you provide to us voluntarily, (b) Information you provide to us through your use of the Services, and (c) Information we collect through third parties or public sources.
A. Information You Voluntarily Provide To Us:
When you interact with us by using our Site and Services, we collect Personal Information that you voluntarily share with us, such as when you request information about a product or service or register with us. This enables us to process your registration or requests and reply to your needs promptly.
This Personal Information includes:
- Identifiers, such as your name, your home or business address, zip or postal code, email address, telephone number, IP address, which we may collect when you fill out forms on our Site to use our Services;
- Financial Information, such as your account number, and payment card data;
- Commercial Information, such as your purchase history and payments, customer number, and other details of products or Services you have purchased from us;
- Marketing and Communications Information, such as your preferences in how we communicate with you and customer service records;
- Limited Biometric Information, such as recording of phone calls that you make to us to inquire about our products and services or customer support and for quality audit purposes.
B. Information We Get When You Use Our Services:
When you use our Site and Services, we also collect Personal Information about your user interactions with the Site and Services, detailed below.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As is true of most websites, we receive and store certain types of Personal Information whenever you interact with us online. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. When you access and use our Services from your mobile devices, we receive data from that mobile device. This may include your device ID, location data, IP address and device type. You may manage how your mobile device and mobile browser share location information with us, as well as how your mobile browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting your mobile device privacy and security settings. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
- Cookies. We may also collect Personal information through your use of the Site, which may use tracking software in the form of "cookies" (text files containing unique identification numbers identifying the Internet browser of the visitor, but not necessarily the identity of the visitor). This information is transmitted to us each time our Site is visited, and these cookies allow us to collect and store information such as the type of Internet browser and operating system a visitor uses; the date, time and duration of the visit to our Site; the Internet address of the website from which they linked to our Site; and the pages they visited while on our Site. This means we can continue to show ads to you across the internet. As always, we respect your privacy and are not collecting any identifiable information through the use of Google's or any other 3rd party remarketing system.
C.Personal Information We Get From Other Sources:
We may, from time to time, supplement the Personal Information we collect from you with outside records from third parties, including those listed below. The collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information received from third parties is governed by the privacy policies listed on the website where the information was submitted by the user. Third parties may send their own cookies and pixel tags to you, and may collect information and use it in a way inconsistent with this Policy. Please carefully review these third-party privacy policies to understand how your information may be collected, used and disclosed by these third parties.
- Third Party Service Providers. We collect Personal Information from service providers where we operate accounts on third-party platforms, such as financial processing platforms, credit check providers, debt collection and payment processors, email platforms, call centers, and social media platforms.
- Third Party Marketing Partners. We collect Personal Data received from third party data partners for marketing purposes, including partners who host and manage various advertisements and direct marketing and lists where you can request additional information.
- Google Analytics. We use third party cookies provided by Google Analytics to assist us in better understanding our website visitors. These cookies collect IP address and usage data, such as the length of time a user spends on a page, the pages a user visits, and the websites a user visits before and after visiting our website. Based on this information, Google Analytics compiles Aggregate Data about website traffic and interactions, which we use to offer better user experiences and tools in the future. For more information on Google Analytics, visit https://support.google.com/analytics.
- Third Party Cookies. We may engage other third-party Service Providers, including Google, Facebook, and Instagram to serve ads to you about our products and services as you browse the Internet. These third-party providers may use their own cookies tags to track your online activities and purchases in order to deliver targeted advertising based on your interests. You can learn more about Google’s advertising cookies and opt-out options by visiting https://www.google.com/policies/technologies/types/. You can learn more about Facebook’s advertising cookies and opt-out options by visiting https://www.facebook.com/policy/cookies/. You can learn about Instagram’s advertising cookies and opt-out options by visiting https://help.instagram.com/1896641480634370?ref=ig.
III.How We Use Your Personal Information:
We will use the Personal Information that you provide us or we collect consistent with the terms of this Policy. We will primarily use your Personal Information for the business purpose of providing you with the products and Services you request. We may also use your Personal Information for the following business purposes:
- To communicate with you in written, electronic, and verbal form, including through our call center and website forms and comments features about scheduling jobs and consultations in connection with providing you with requested Services or to respond to your requests;
- To maintain our service records;
- To monitor and analyze trends and usage of the Services and the Site in order to help us develop the design and layout of the Site;
- To enhance the safety and security of our products and services, including by monitoring the warranty and recall status of the products;
- To provide you with invoices and process payments from you for the use of our products or Services, and for debt collection when necessary;
- For our internal marketing purposes, which include, but are not limited to, sending you material about products, services, updates, etc. that we think may be of interest to you, including special offers and updates, and service related announcements;
- To customize the advertising and content you see
- To provide you with customer service or technical support;
- To verify your identity when necessary;
- To protect our interests, including establishing, exercising and defending legal rights and claims;
- As necessary to comply with legal requirements, to enforce the terms of our Terms of Service or Use Agreements, to prevent fraud, to co-operate with law enforcement and regulatory authorities, and to stop other prohibited, illegal, or harmful activities;
- To notify you of changes to the Site, Services, this Policy, or other information we think you will find valuable;
- For purposes disclosed at the time you provide your information or as otherwise set forth in this Policy.
IV.How We Share Your Personal Information:
We will only share your Personal Information with third parties in the ways that are described in this Policy in order to provide you with the Services.
- Third Party Marketing Partners. We contract with third party marketing companies to send ads on our behalf across the internet and sometimes on this Site. They will collect anonymous information about your visits to our Site and other websites, and your interaction with our products and services to personalize advertisements. To learn more about this type of advertising, and to opt out, please click here.
- Third Party Service Providers. We also use Service Providers to perform certain services on our behalf, such as payment processing, performing credit checks, tracking website activity and analytics, debt collection, and performing other administrative services. We may provide them with access to Personal Information to carry out the services they are performing for you or for us. These Service Providers required to protect and secure your Personal Information with appropriate controls. Third-party analytics providers and other Service Providers may set and access their own tracking technologies on your device and they may otherwise collect or have access to information, potentially including Personal Information, about you.
- Internal Third Parties. We may share Personal Information with our parent companies, subsidiaries, or affiliates, who may use your Personal Information for purposes consistent with this Policy.
- Business Transactions. In the event that we, or any portion of our assets, are acquired or we undergo another transaction in our business, your information may be transferred to the acquiring company or other entity surviving such transaction.
- Law Enforcement. We may report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we reasonably believe to be unlawful, or that we reasonably believe may aid a law enforcement investigation into unlawful activity. In addition, we reserve the right to release your information to law enforcement agencies if we determine, in our sole judgment, that either you have violated our policies, or the release of your information may protect the rights, property, or safety of us or another person.
- Legal Process. Subject to applicable law, we may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal process, such as a subpoena; (ii) in response to requests by government entities, such as law enforcement authorities; (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical, financial or other harm, injury or loss; or (iv) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual unlawful activity.
- Aggregated Data. We may provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns and related site information to reputable third-party vendors, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information. may provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns and related site information to reputable third-party vendors, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
- Sales of Personal Information. Like most companies, we allow certain third party advertising partners to place tracking technology such as cookies and pixels on our websites. This technology allows these advertising partners to receive information about your activities on our website, which is then associated with your browser or device. These companies may use this data to serve you more relevant ads as you browse the internet. Under some state laws, sharing data for online advertising may be considered a “sale” of information. Except for this limited sharing, Service Experts does not sell any of your information, including for monetary consideration.
V.Links to Third Party Websites:
Our Site contains links to other websites. Service Experts and our parents and affiliates are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such web sites. We will not pass your information along to the linked site; however, we cannot protect your information if you provide information to that site. The third party websites may have their own terms of service, privacy policies or other policies and ask you to agree to the same. Be sure to review any available policies before submitting personally identifiable information to a third-party application or otherwise interacting with it and exercise caution in connection with these applications. We have no control over, and cannot and do not assume responsibility for, the content, privacy policies or practices of such websites or the companies that own them.
VI.How We Protect Your Personal Information:
We endeavor to incorporate reasonable safeguards to help protect and secure your personal information. To that end, we have put in place various security procedures and technical and organizational measures to safeguard your personal information. We follow industry-standard practices in order to protect the data we collect. As security risks and technical and organizational industry standards evolve, we review, refine and upgrade our security posture as appropriate. However, no data transmission over the intranet, mobile network, wireless transmission, or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. It may be possible for third parties to intercept or access transmission or private communications unlawfully. Any such transmission is done at your own risk.
VII.Your California Privacy Rights
California Consumer Privacy Act. The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) provides California residents with specific rights regarding their Personal Information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Upon verification of your identity you may:
- No more than twice in any 12-month period, request disclosure of the following information:
- Categories of Personal Information we collect.
- Categories of sources from which Personal Information is collected.
- Categories of Personal Information sold or disclosed to third parties.
- Categories of third parties with whom such Personal Information is sold or disclosed or in the form of shared for marketing purposes.
- Business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling Personal Information.
- Specific pieces of Personal Information we collect.
- Request deletion of your Personal Information, subject to the exceptions provided by law.
- Opt-out from having your Personal Information sold to third parties, if applicable.
Requests can be submitted by calling our toll free number 855-817-0134 or through our online request form
. You can also opt out of having Personal Information transmitted through third party cookies and pixels by clicking on the “Do Not Sell My Info / Cookies” link.
Please note that these rights apply only to select California consumers and exclude job applicants, employees, and business contacts. Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
The verifiable consumer request must:
- Include your full legal name and phone number, which we will need to contact you in order to verify that you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. In order to verify your identity, one of our representatives will contact you.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded.
The CCPA provides the right to be free from discrimination if you choose to exercise your rights under the statute, and Service Experts will not discriminate by:
- Denying you goods or services.
- Charging you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Providing you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggesting that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Other California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents who have provided personally identifiable information to us or our third-party advertisers and marketing partners, if any, to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personally identifiable information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. We do not share information we collect about you with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
VIII.CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
Service Experts may modify or update this Policy from time to time. We encourage you to revisit this page often to remain fully informed of our Policy or you can contact us at any time to obtain the latest copy of this Policy. Where changes to this Privacy will have a fundamental impact on the nature of how we collect, use, or share your data, Service Experts will give advance notice of such changes.
IX.QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS POLICY
For questions or comments regarding our Policy, please contact us via email at: email@example.com.
You can also mail us at the following postal address:
Service Experts LLC
c/o CCPA Consumer Requests – Marketing Department
1840 N. Greenville Ave, Ste 128
Richardson, TX 75081