When it’s time for a new water heater, energy efficiency is typically near the top of many people’s wants in Antioch. A tankless water heater is a great option for saving energy. In fact, a tankless water heater is 8–34 percent more energy efficient than a storage water heater, according to energy.gov.
Unlike traditional tank heaters that heat gallons of water and store it for usage, tankless water heaters use gas burners or electric coils to heat water on an as-needed basis, which might save you a lot on energy costs. Since the heated water isn’t stored for use later on, you don’t have to pay for standby energy losses like you might with tank heaters. You’ll also benefit from having a constant supply of hot water. They are smaller in size, energy-efficient in design and low-cost to use.
When you turn on a hot water tap, cold water goes through the unit where either a gas burner or an electric element will heat it. Then it goes to the tap, where you get hot water. One caveat about tankless water heaters—particularly for larger houses—is that the flow rate of hot water may not be large enough to take on several uses at once. One of our experts will help you determine what your flow rate is and provide recommendations based on their expertise.
Some people prefer to install a separate tankless water heater that’s chosen for a specific appliance, like the dishwasher or the clothes washer—or as a booster for a solar water heating system. However, many homes in the Antioch area do just fine with a single tankless water heater. Let’s look at some of the bonuses of adding one:
- Most tankless water heaters have a lifetime of 20 years—that’s about twice as long as the lifespan of a traditional tank heater.
- Most tankless units come with a federal tax rebate.
- Tankless water heaters almost never run out of hot water.
- You get improved energy efficiency with a tankless water heater because they are more efficient minus standby heat loss and only use the power needed to heat the amount of water needed at any period.
- Tankless models need much less space than traditional tank water heaters. They can even be mounted on the walls and some can be put in small cupboards or closets. Smaller units can be put in under cabinets or in a closet, closer to where they’ll be used.
With tankless water heaters, you eliminate the possibility of flooding due to a ruptured tank. Call Freschi Service Experts today if you want an ENERGY STAR® rated, tankless hot water heater added to your Antioch home. It’s a great energy-efficient option for your home. We carry quality tankless hot water heater choices, expertise and expert service—for all your tankless water heater needs. Give our team a call at 925-384-1303
or request an appointment with us online.