Carbon Monoxide: Take the Proper Steps to Detect There are lots of potential gases that may exist in your house. Natural gas, radon, and gases and vapors that come from household furnishings, carpeting, flooring and paints. But none of these gases are as dangerous as carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide is scary and may even be a matter of life and death, so it should not be treated lightly. This toxic gas is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and initially non-irritating. A by-product of burnt fuel, carbon monoxide can manuveur its way into your home when the heat exchanger on a gas furnace cracks, allowing carbon monoxide to leak. Depending on the size of the leak and the circulation in a home, carbon monoxide can lead to death very quickly, or the toxic gas could cause symptoms that have been misdiagnosed as the flu, viral infections, and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other things. You absolutely cannot risk carbon monoxide poisoning. Here are some recommended action items to protect yourself and your family: If you don’t have a carbon monoxide detector in your home, call Freschi Service Experts in Antioch to purchase one. Ask our technicians about affordable WiFi carbon monoxide detectors like the Nest Protect. If you have a carbon monoxide detector, be sure to regularly check or replace the batteries. Testing should be done every three months, and the detector should be replaced every 3 to 5 years. If you hear the carbon monoxide detector alarm go off, or start having some of the symptoms listed above, ask your doctor to test for carbon monoxide poisoning. Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be scary and with the proper steps your family can be protected from the hazardous gas. Our experts can provide more information, so go ahead and call Freschi Service Experts in Antioch at 925-384-1303 to learn more.