What is carbon monoxide?

Carbon monoxide (CO) is an invisible, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s made by insufficient fuel combustion frequently caused by a lack of oxygen. In your residence, appliances that need natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are vulnerable. Especially if they are not working correctly or have been installed wrong.

Vehicle exhaust fumes from nearby garages, as well as poorly operating fireplaces may also produce carbon monoxide. CO is poisonous to the body and is deadly at high levels or with prolonged exposure.