Prevention is the most essential place to begin. Completing appropriate safety precautions will lower your likelihood of carbon monoxide poisoning in Concord.
Here are several steps you can take to keep your family safe:
- Warm up your car away from your garage. Cars are a large source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so do not leave yours on in the confined space of a garage. The same is true for gas equipment like lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t use ovens or grills as heaters. These things are safe when run right but can make carbon monoxide when on for an extended period of time in little spaces.
- Don’t run a gas generator indoors, since it creates fumes.
- Have your chimney checked by a professional. This ensures chimneys and vents aren’t blocked and connected appropriately.
- Check gas appliances are working properly, especially your heating system. You can make sure you’re getting efficient, safe comfort by requesting routine furnace maintenance with Freschi Service Experts.