Prevention is the most essential place to start. Doing appropriate safety precautions will reduce your likelihood of carbon monoxide poisoning in Concord.
Here are a couple steps you can take to keep your family protected:
- Warm up your car away from your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so do not leave yours going in the confined space of a garage. The same is true for gas equipment like lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t use ovens or grills as heaters. These appliances are safe when operated correctly but can produce carbon monoxide when run for an extensive period of time in little spaces.
- Don’t run a gas generator indoors, since it creates fumes.
- Have your chimney checked by a professional. This ensures chimneys and vents aren’t blocked and connected appropriately.
- Check gas appliances are working properly, particularly your heater. You can make sure you’re receiving efficient, safe comfort by booking routine furnace maintenance with Freschi Service Experts.