Your HVAC equipment is vital to a sense of comfort and high air quality. The furnace and air conditioner work hard in the background, heating, cooling, managing the humidity and filtering your home's indoor air. Lots of homeowners take this functionality for granted until they have to do without them. If your air conditioner has ever malfunctioned on a scorching summer day, or the furnace has stopped working during a blizzard, you understand what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner wants to deal with emergency repairs, high energy bills or inconsistent home comfort. What if there was a way to ensure an uninterrupted supply of healthy, conditioned air when you want it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes into play. Like obtaining an oil change for your car, routine tune-ups are essential for keeping your HVAC system up and running. And to get every benefit from each maintenance visit, you should think about applying for an HVAC maintenance contract.
This contract is an arrangement between you and the HVAC contractor. Participation takes the uncertainty out of HVAC service by supplying routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled service calls and other perks. An HVAC maintenance contract is not required to schedule tune-ups with Freschi Service Experts, but we highly recommend signing up. Here are six reasons why.
1. Built-In Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets busy, so it's not hard to forget about requesting furnace maintenance for the fall and air conditioning maintenance before the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll get friendly reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re unsure of why HVAC maintenance is so worthwhile, consider these benefits:
- Expose small problems right away: Issues with your home comfort system often form slowly. When a technician checks the internal components once a year, it’s possible to find and resolve little problems before they turn into big headaches.
- Lower the risk of unexpected shutdowns: By tightening that loose fan belt and stabilizing the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance visit, the chance of a mid-season breakdown goes down.
- Lower repair costs: Routine HVAC maintenance is an affordable, expected cost that eliminates the need for many major repairs.
- Improve energy efficiency: The Department of Energy reports that once-a-year maintenance can enhance HVAC efficiency by close to 30%, lowering your heating and cooling bills simultaneously.
- Boost home comfort: When your home comfort system operates the way it is supposed to, airflow improves for pleasant temperatures and more manageable humidity in every room.
- Extend the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can survive for years longer compared to a neglected one, saving you on early replacement costs.
- Ensure safety: An equipment and safety inspection during each visit grants peace of mind that your heating and cooling system is running safely.
- Adhere to your warranty: The bulk of HVAC manufacturers value preventive maintenance so much that they require annual tune-ups to keep your warranty valid. Investing a little in maintenance now safeguards you from pricey repairs that your warranty will cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance contract puts you at the front of the line when you schedule an emergency repair. You can usually expect same-day service—even for nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Thinking about replacing your home comfort system? An HVAC contract allows access to the fastest installs possible, even during the most hectic weeks.
4. Discounted Repairs and Services
Preventive maintenance reduces the need for repair calls, but if your system needs some attention, having a Maintenance+ Plan provides a 15% discount. You’ll also enjoy 15% off indoor air quality products, such as pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
HVAC repairs are sometimes inevitable, but they can get pricey fast. Thankfully, with an HVAC maintenance plan, you’ll never be expected to pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour appointments.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you be sure the technician has performed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the work leaves you dissatisfied, our technician will return to make things right.
Enroll in an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Freschi Service Experts offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Check out what each plan features and get in touch with our staff to help you figure out the optimum plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to address any questions you have before registering. For more info about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to schedule a tune-up, please contact your local Freschi Service Experts office today.