When you run the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you're expecting clean, safe water to flow out. But even if the water looks clear, it might still carry toxic chemicals that present a risk to your family’s health and well-being. Plenty of people dislike the taste of tainted tap water and recognize the risks of drinking it. That’s why half of all American homes use either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to ensure they have clean drinking water on hand.
If you want to ensure your family’s well-being, you may first consider continuing the bottled water route. But of course, this gets expensive soon. Plus, plastic water bottles that aren't recycled end up polluting the world’s waterways, disrupting the environment and wiping out marine life.
Having a whole-house water filtration system is more practical and healthier for the environment than buying bottled water. It can also deliver healthier water much more easily because you can get it directly from the tap. In addition, whole-house systems send purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing fixtures, allowing you to capitalize on the benefits everywhere you use water at home.
Before putting in a whole-house water filtration system, learn what’s in your water supply and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can eliminate unhealthy contaminants. Then, contact Freschi Service Experts to help you find and install the best water filter for you.
What’s in Your Drinking Water?
Water quality may differ by location, but some of the most likely contaminants are:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what’s in your home's tap water by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG records show that over 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, revealing that regulated water quality levels aren't necessarily safe.
Think About Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter eliminates dirt, debris and hazardous chemicals from your tap water, providing you and your family with safe, sparkling water to drink. Here are the perks of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a common sign of sediment in your drinking water. Comprised of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment naturally occurs and increases in the water main after severe storms. While typically harmless, sediment will make your drinking water look and taste unpleasant. Filtermax includes sediment filtration to remove solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is the key to clean drinking water in urban settings. Sadly, this disinfectant can generate hazardous chemical byproducts when it reacts with naturally occurring organic and inorganic compounds in the water. Certain DPBs, such as trihalomethanes (THMs), are found to cause cancer. Filtermax removes these carcinogens to keep your family safe.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Ensuring safe tap water is the goal of installing any water filtration system. Besides being healthier for your family to enjoy, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more lasting metallic or musty scents. No more earthy or chlorine taste. No more muddy water swirling around your glass. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water to every tap: Harmful chemicals don’t just threaten you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin during a shower and stick to your clothing and dishes as you wash them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so beneficial because it guarantees clean water from every tap.
- No operating costs or wasted water: Some whole-house filtration systems raise your electric bills. Others add to your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax proves that clean water doesn’t have to bring steeper utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Based on your plumbing system’s setup, you may need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor contains both designs to satisfy your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is one of the best warranties in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you know your investment will keep providing clean, quality drinking water for a very long time.
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Freschi Service Experts, we install multiple types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, like the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re trying to reduce water hardness, eliminate bacteria or remove dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the right product for you from Excalibur. Installation is fast, easy and supported by our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Contact your local Freschi Service Experts office for help choosing a water filtration system that fits your needs and budget.