Reasons to Schedule Annual Furnace Maintenance
As the temperature dips and you find yourself reaching for the thermostat more often, you should also reach for your phone to set up annual furnace maintenance. Being sure that your furnace is at its best this winter enhances your comfort, safety and peace of mind all season long.
Here’s a little more about what this crucial preventive task entails and why you shouldn’t neglect it.
What Is Included in Annual Furnace Maintenance?
A maintenance visit is a surefire way to get your heating system ready for the cold months. Although the specific tasks depend on the brand and age of your system, you can generally expect your technician to do the following:
- Check and clean the burner: Over the years, dirt and debris can block the burner, affecting its performance. Cleaning it brings back optimal heat transfer.
- Test the gas valves: Ensuring these valves are totally open and operating properly is crucial for safe furnace operation.
- Check the heat exchanger: A cracked heat exchanger can lead to carbon monoxide leaks, so it’s crucial to make sure no cracks are present.
- Review and tighten electrical components: Loose connections can make your HVAC unit hazardous and inefficient. The good thing is, tightening them is a fast and straightforward process.
- Clean the blower: A dirty blower has an effect on your furnace’s ability to move warm air around your home. Cleaning and balancing the fan ensures the best airflow.
- Swap out the air filter: Clean air filters enable appropriate airflow throughout your system, which is why you should always replace a dirty air filter in your furnace. Installing a brand-new air filter also boosts indoor air quality if you set up a filtration system.
Why You Should Schedule Routine Furnace Maintenance
If your furnace seems to be running fine, is it still worthwhile to schedule a maintenance appointment? Consider these four reasons why the answer is a resounding “yes”:
- Decrease mid-season malfunctions: There are few more disheartening ways to start the day than waking up on a freezing winter morning to learn your furnace has stopped working. Sudden breakdowns are aggravating and can leave you scrambling to find a quick fix. Annual furnace maintenance lowers the chance of unexpected problems because your heating specialist examines every part of your system, catching minor issues before they escalate into costly repairs.
- Reduced repair costs: It’s a simple equation—the earlier you discover a problem, the less expensive it is to fix. By investing in reasonably priced, scheduled maintenance visits, you can avoid costly, inconvenient repairs, keeping more money in your pocket.
- Lengthen your furnace’s service life: Like a well-maintained car, a furnace that receives regular tune-ups will probably last longer than an ignored heating system. Annual maintenance saves you the expense of early furnace replacement by increasing your system’s life span.
- Raise energy efficiency: A well-maintained heating system operates a lot more efficiently. When all the elements are clean and in good working order, your system doesn’t have to work as hard to keep your household warm. This lowers your heating bills and diminishes your environmental impact.
- Better indoor air quality: Polluted indoor air aggravates allergies and respiratory diseases. The air filter in your furnace captures dust, pollen and other airborne irritants to reduce these conditions. During a maintenance appointment, the heating professional will change the air filter at your request, ensuring cleaner air flows through your home.
- Promotes safety: A malfunctioning furnace is not only inefficient, there’s a chance it also might be dangerous. Cracked heat exchangers or defective gas valves can lead to harmful carbon monoxide leaks. Knowing your system has has received a thorough examination during routine maintenance should give you peace of mind this winter.
What Time of Year Should You Plan Your Maintenance Visit?
To enjoy the most benefits, it’s best to schedule annual furnace maintenance in the fall before winter’s chill gets to your area. This is a way to make sure any issues are attended to before you have to call heavily on your heating system.
Do-It-Yourself Furnace Maintenance Between Appointments
Although professional maintenance is important, you can do several tasks yourself to make sure your furnace operates smoothly between visits:
- Switch out the air filter every 30 to 90 days to optimize airflow.
- Be sure that the home’s return and supply registers are open and unobstructed for system balance.
- Vacuum the surface of the furnace with the brush attachment to keep it clean.
Choose Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing for Furnace Maintenance in the U.S.
If it’s time for your next furnace maintenance tune-up, Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing is a name you can trust. Our ACE-certified technicians provide fast, long-lasting answers to all your heating and cooling dilemmas. We’re proud to deliver solutions to our customers and strive to make a big difference in your lifestyle and sense of comfort. We even give our customers a 100% satisfaction guarantee to put your mind at ease. To set your heating system up for success this winter, call 866-397-3787 today to schedule furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing.
How to Choose a Good HVAC System
When it comes to keeping your home comfortable during every season, nothing is more critical than picking out the right heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system. This choice influences your daily comfort, monthly utility bills and all-around home efficiency. But, with so many system... Continue reading
Year-End HVAC Maintenance List
Once the air starts to get cold, you know it’s time to prepare your home for the cooler months ahead. Your heating system is critical to maintaining a cozy, warm environment. A well-maintained furnace delivers the comfort you crave while using a smaller amount of energy. Routine inspections also... Continue reading
2024 Furnace and Air Conditioning Trends
In the ever-evolving world of home HVAC, keeping up with the newest HVAC trends is imperative for homeowners looking to enhance their home’s comfort and efficiency. Going into 2024, the HVAC industry continues to innovate, bringing brand-new technologies and trends aimed at changing how... Continue reading