Air conditioners don’t run forever, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement in Concord, you may be thinking—should you also request furnace replacement too? It depends on your situation.
Here are several factors to think over, plus the benefits of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Points to Ask When Considering Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the most important questions to answer in advance of making your decision:
- How old is your furnace? Furnaces can work up to 20 years, while air conditioners work for about 15 years. If your furnace is more than a 15 years old, plan to replace it with your air conditioner. If it was installed earlier than this, you can likely wait.
- What model of air conditioner are you installing? A lot of homeowners are getting rid of their old, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed models. This conserves energy and enhances comfort by working at varying speeds. Air conditioners depend on the furnace blower to move air. So, if you rely on a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to replace it to enjoy the complete comfort and advantages of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace provide the appropriate air flow? Your furnace needs to provide the appropriate amount of air to keep your residence comfortable. An updated air conditioner may call for a different indoor coil. So, it’s crucial your furnace is appropriately sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, for instance one from Freschi Service Experts, can estimate that static pressure of your system and make the proper advice.
- Is the installation complicated? You’ll make it easier on your technician and your bank account if you replace both systems together.
Why You Should Get a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Together
If your furnace and air conditioner match and are properly sized, there aren’t often any major imminent consequences. A mismatched setup is typically not permanent until the other system goes out. You can skip the short-term repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner together. And, you’ll enjoy these perks:
- Improved efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything runs at the greatest efficiency, making your family comfier and lowering your monthly utility expenses.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you install a new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it could stop working for good. In the interim, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have gone toward an updated furnace.
- Likely discounts: You can pay less for labor by having both installed during the same appointment. And you could even be authorized for a special deal since you’re getting new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to replace your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, turn to Freschi Service Experts. We understand the price of replacing your full system may stress you out, so we’ll make your investment economical through special discounts or our worry-free Advantage Program™. You can receive a new, high-efficiency furnace and air conditioner at no money down and just one small monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs later on are taken care of!*
Rest assured that our team is completely trained, experienced and NATE-certified to ensure a job done right the first time. Plus, we offer a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 925-384-1303 to request an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.