Air conditioners don’t work indefinitely, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement too? It depends on your situation.
Here are a few factors to think over, in addition to the benefits of staying away from a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Considering Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the most important questions to answer in advance of making your decision:
- How old is your furnace? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners work for about 15 years. If your furnace is past a 15 years old, plan to replace it along with your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can likely wait.
- What model of air conditioner are you installing? Lots of homeowners are getting rid of their old, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed models. This uses less energy and enhances comfort by working at several speeds. Air conditioners rely on the furnace blower to move air. So, if you use a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to replace it to enjoy the total comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace provide the appropriate air flow? Your furnace needs to circulate the appropriate amount of air to keep your house comfortable. A modern air conditioner may need a different indoor coil. So, it’s crucial your furnace is correctly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, such as one from Freschi Service Experts, can estimate that static pressure of your system and give the correct advice.
- Is the installation complicated? You’ll make it easier on your technician and your bank account if you replace both systems together.
Why You Should Get a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Together
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are properly sized, there aren’t typically any major imminent drawbacks. A mismatched setup is often a stopgap until the other system goes out. You can skip the short-term repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner together. And, you’ll enjoy these perks:
- Improved efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything works at the greatest efficiency, making your family cozier and lowering your ongoing utility expenses.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you put in new air conditioning but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may malfunction for good. In the interim, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have gone toward an updated furnace.
- Likely discounts: You can pay less for labor by having both installed during the same appointment. And you may even be authorized for a special deal since you’re bundling new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to replace your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, turn to Freschi Service Experts. We understand the price of replacing your full system may stress you out, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special coupons or our worry-free Advantage Program™. You can receive a new, high-efficiency furnace and air conditioner at no money down and just one reasonable monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs later on are covered!*
Rest assured that our team is completely trained, experienced and ACE-certified to ensure a job done right the first time. Plus, we offer a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 925-384-1303 to schedule an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.