Summer is normally a busy time of year for many people in Concord. Whether it’s a family reunion, an extended vacation or any host of other exciting activities, summer not only brings about crazy schedules, but that dreaded Concord heat as well.
We know you’ve already taken care of all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs well in advance of summer, so what else can you do to stay cool during those days where you can’t escape to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has five suggestions:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Concord heat is a must. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve taken care of all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you never have to worry about it going out in the heat of the summer. Give Freschi Service Experts a call at 925-384-1303 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can make certain that your air conditioner is running at its highest level in the Concord heat.
- Stay in air conditioned places as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this difficult, but if you are able to take a quick break and utilize an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, do so.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't feel thirsty, as thirst can be an early indicator of dehydration. If you begin noticing muscle cramps, take a break as it can also be an early sign of dehydration or a different heat-related illness.
- Take precautions when planning outdoor activities. Any type of workout or athletic practices should be completed earlier or later in the day when the Concord temperatures are lower.
- Dress to stay cooler in hot temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best choice.
- Keep your shower or bath a little colder than typical. It can help you cool down a bit quicker so you can get back to basking in your home’s air conditioning.