HVAC Technicians Must Prepare to Meet New Skill Demands
The HVAC profession is in a nonstop state of change. With technological breakthroughs and increasing environmental concerns, the skills demanded of HVAC specialists are evolving faster than ever. Preparing to adapt and meet these new challenges is a must for anyone looking to join the business. Learn what it takes to become a proficient HVAC tech, the advantages of continuous training and development and how an apprenticeship program can take your career to new heights.
Adapting to New Skill Demands
The ever-evolving HVAC landscape requires industry pros to keep up with emerging trends, technologies and consumer expectations. In a nutshell, HVAC companies want employees capable of meeting the demands of the modern world.
Here are the very important skills candidates should possess when applying for a job:
- Knowledge of HVAC installation, refrigeration and maintenance: A thorough understanding of the fundamentals gives you an edge over other applicants, even if the company provides training for new hires.
- Strong troubleshooting and diagnostic skills: The means to identify and correct issues quickly and efficiently is paramount. Modern equipment often has complex digital controls, making this skill more important than ever.
- Comfortable working directly with customers: Building a relationship with clients and providing top-notch customer service is invaluable as an HVAC technician, so companies search for this quality when assessing applicants.
- Ability to work well on a team: HVAC projects can require teamwork with other specialists. Employers want team players who can work comfortably with coworkers.
- Willingness to take advantage of continuous training and development: The HVAC business requires techs to stay current with new technologies via continuing education. Your future success relies on your desire to learn and grow.
Service Experts Career Academy: We Build Highly Skilled Workers
You could always attend a four-year college or trade school in preparation to become an HVAC technician, but this can put you deeply in debt and delays your earning potential while you attend. At Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing, we think there’s a more effective way. Boost your career and get paid while you study at Service Experts Career Academy (SECA), an in-house apprenticeship program designed to build highly skilled workers. Here’s what to expect from the Service Experts Career Academy.
Service Experts Career Academy, or SECA, features a structured curriculum covering everything from the basics to sophisticated technologies, emphasizing real-world experience and hands-on learning. Our program is specifically fashioned to get you ready for an HVAC career.
Expectations for Apprentices
As an apprentice, you’ll attend free classroom instruction, assist within appropriate departments and gain a well-rounded understanding of the HVAC field. Safety is our priority, so you’ll need to abide by health and safety procedures at all times. Embracing constructive feedback, completing daily work process forms and growing strong interpersonal skills will also be essential to your growth with us.
Requirements to Apply to Service Experts Career Academy
Participating in the SECA program requires an inquisitive way of thinking, a commitment to excellence, and the ability to meet some physical demands. It’s required that participants have a high school diploma or GED and a valid driver’s license to apply. Physical requirements include the ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel or crawl; lift up to 50 pounds and carry up to 30 pounds; and work in many different conditions like hot, cold and confined spaces.
Compensation and Benefits as an Apprentice
At Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing, we invest in your success by offering an extensive employment program for SECA students. Compensation includes a competitive pay program with incentive opportunities, guaranteed pay increases throughout your apprenticeship and a tool kit worth $1,000 upon completing the program. Benefits include paid time off, company holiday pay, insurance, 401(k) match, supplemental benefit programs and career development options.
The Difference of Working with Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing
Deciding on an HVAC company to start your career is something that demands a great deal of thought. Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing could be the best choice if you’re searching for a company that appreciates:
- Innovative training programs: Our SECA initiative builds excellent technicians from the get-go.
- Customer-centric approach: We put customers first, delivering trustworthy and efficient services that help you feel good about your work.
- Commitment to quality: As one of our technicians, we’ll furnish you with the best tools, education and support.
- Community engagement: We take pride in supporting our community, actively taking part in local projects and functions.
- Sustainable practices: We advocate for and implement green solutions to support a sustainable future for our community.
Join the Experts at Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing
Preparing for the exciting challenges of a career in the HVAC industry isn’t a one-time effort but an ongoing commitment. It involves dedication to life-long learning, career development and a desire to grow in your career. Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing helps you in this commitment through innovative programs like SECA. Getting started with SECA means taking the first step on a career path filled with growth, support and potential.
Your career in the HVAC profession starts here! If you’re ready to take your skills to the next level, ask for more information about Service Experts Career Academy today. Apply today, and you’ll help shape the future of HVAC industry.
How to Choose a Good HVAC System
When it comes to keeping your home comfortable during every season, nothing is more critical than picking out the right heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system. This choice influences your daily comfort, monthly utility bills and all-around home efficiency. But, with so many system... Continue reading
Year-End HVAC Maintenance List
Once the air starts to get cold, you know it’s time to prepare your home for the cooler months ahead. Your heating system is critical to maintaining a cozy, warm environment. A well-maintained furnace delivers the comfort you crave while using a smaller amount of energy. Routine inspections also... Continue reading
2024 Furnace and Air Conditioning Trends
In the ever-evolving world of home HVAC, keeping up with the newest HVAC trends is imperative for homeowners looking to enhance their home’s comfort and efficiency. Going into 2024, the HVAC industry continues to innovate, bringing brand-new technologies and trends aimed at changing how... Continue reading