Building a new residence? Upgrading your present equipment? Regardless of why you’re looking for an air conditioner, you might soon come to the conclusion that you have more options than you first thought. Follow this info to help you weigh four different solutions so you can choose the ideal air conditioner in Concord.
Central Air Conditioning
This is what the majority of people call to mind when they imagine air conditioning for the full house. Central air conditioning moves air to every room with a system of ducts and registers.
This may be ideal for you if:
- Your residence has ductwork.
- You presently have a furnace or air handler.
- You want nearly noiseless, convenient operation.
Air-Source Heat Pump
In the summer, heat pumps run much like central air conditioners. Many models can also offer heat in cold weather.
This could be good for you if:
- Your home has ductwork.
- Your reside in a climate with warmer weather during the winter.
- You want one piece of equipment for all-season heating and cooling, rather than a standard furnace and air conditioner.
- Your residence doesn’t utilize (or you don’t want) natural or propane gas.
- You want nearly silent, energy-efficient operation.
Geothermal Heat Pump
The ground below your feet hovers at a consistent 55 degrees during the year. A geothermal heat pump uses this ongoing source of energy with underground loops for incredible heating and cooling efficiency.
This might be right for you if:
- Your house utilizes ductwork.
- You desire a lone piece of equipment for energy-efficient heating and cooling.
- You have enough land around your residence for the underground loops.
This is a second style of heat pump. With ductless mini-splits, an outdoor unit hooks up with an interior blower unit installed to a wall or ceiling. This doesn’t call for any ductwork and keeps your windows secure.
This might be ideal for you if:
- Your house, or an immediate add-on to it, doesn’t come with ductwork.
- You’re looking for an energy-efficient approach for heating and cooling individual spaces.
- You’re looking to get zoning for your residence.
Not sure which kind of air conditioner you should purchase? Turn to the Experts at Freschi Service Experts for everything air conditioning! We can go over your options and help you pick the right one for your needs. Please contact us at 925-384-1303 to schedule an air conditioning replacement estimate today.