Building a new house? Upgrading your present equipment? Regardless of why you’re looking for an air conditioner, you might soon learn you have more options than you first thought. Follow this info to help you measure four different solutions so you can choose the ideal air conditioner in Concord.
Central Air Conditioning
This is what the majority of people call to mind when they envision air conditioning for the full house. Central air conditioning moves air to every room through a system of ducts and registers.
This may be ideal for you if:
- Your house has ductwork.
- You currently have a furnace or air handler.
- You want nearly silent, convenient operation.
Air-Source Heat Pump
In the summer, heat pumps operate similar to central air conditioners. Many models can also offer heat when it’s cold.
This could be ideal for you if:
- Your home has ductwork.
- Your home is in a climate with temperate weather during the winter.
- You want a lone piece of equipment for full-year heating and cooling, rather than a regular furnace and air conditioner.
- Your house doesn’t utilize (or you don’t want) natural or propane gas.
- You want nearly noiseless, energy-efficient operation.
Geothermal Heat Pump
The ground under your feet remains at a consistent 55 degrees throughout the year. A geothermal heat pump draws on this ongoing source of energy with underground loops for incredible heating and cooling efficiency.
This might be right for you if:
- Your house utilizes ductwork.
- You desire one piece of equipment for energy-efficient heating and cooling.
- You have enough land around your house for the underground loops.
This is a second kind of heat pump. With ductless mini-splits, an outdoor unit links to an inside blower unit installed to a wall or ceiling. This doesn’t call for any ductwork and keeps your windows secure.
This might be ideal for you if:
- Your house, or an immediate expansion to it, doesn’t include ductwork.
- You’re looking for an energy-efficient method for heating and cooling individual rooms.
- You’re looking to get zoning for your residence.
Don’t know which style of air conditioner you should get? Turn to the Experts at Freschi Service Experts for everything air conditioning! We can go over your options and help you pick the ideal one for your needs. Please contact us at 925-384-1303 to schedule an air conditioning replacement estimate today.