Imagine it’s a blindingly hot summer day, and your air conditioning abruptly breaks down. You start calling around looking for emergency AC repair, but the temperature keeps climbing while you wait for an HVAC specialist to arrive. Such a headache!
Routine air conditioner maintenance is an important tool in preventing this problem. But how do you know when it’s time for a maintenance call? And, is it really worth setting up an appointment if your air conditioner doesn’t seem to have any problems at all? Find out why taking a proactive approach is the key to keeping you and your AC unit cool under pressure.
How Often Should You Service Your AC?
To keep your air conditioner operating efficiently, HVAC Experts encourage servicing it at least once a year. Annual cooling maintenance ensures your AC unit continues to be in optimal condition, preventing potential concerns and extending its life span.
As for which month on the calendar is best to schedule air conditioner maintenance, spring is the ideal season. This allows you to identify and repair growing issues before the summer heat arrives, ensuring your air conditioner runs smoothly during the hot summer months.
However, if spring is past, and you didn't have time to schedule AC service, don’t wait for another 12 months. When it comes to increasing cooling efficiency with preventive maintenance, it’s better late than never.
What Does AC Service Include?
An air conditioning tune-up is a comprehensive process involving various steps. This is why DIY repair is not recommended. Here are some key parts of the work you can expect to be done during a routine service appointment:
- Complete inspection: The technician carefully looks through your AC unit for potential concerns53 or areas requiring attention.
- Cleaning: The mechanic uses specialized tools and proven techniques to clean the condenser coil, evaporator coil, condensate drain line and other components to make sure your system runs efficiently.
- Lubrication and tightening: Moving parts are lubricated to reduce friction and counter wear and tear. Then, electrical connections are tightened to promote safe equipment operation.
- Filter replacement: Replacing the filter increases air quality and helps the unit run more efficiently. HVAC professionals advise doing this yourself every few months to maintain proper airflow.
- System test: Before deeming the job complete, your service Expert will run a test cycle to make sure the system fires up, operates and shuts down properly.
Benefits of Routine Air Conditioner Service
Many property owners question if routine maintenance is worth all the hype. The fact is, scheduled air conditioner tune-ups promote better performance and home comfort. Some key benefits include:
- Increased energy efficiency: A well-maintained AC unit requires less electricity to keep your home cool, leading to lower utility costs and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Lower repair costs: It’s simple to spot potential issues early when a technician carefully inspects your HVAC system every spring. An easy repair, like replacing a fraying fan belt, helps you avoid expensive and inconvenient breakdowns later in the season.
- Increased air quality: A clean cooling system translates into better air circulation and fewer airborne allergens for a healthier living environment.
- Extended equipment life: Like getting routine oil changes to help your car last longer, regular AC service extends the life of your air conditioner, saving you on premature replacement costs.
How Much Does AC Service Cost?
Routine maintenance isn’t a free service, but you should think of it as an investment, not an expense expenditure. After all, regular servicing helps you save on utility bills, sudden repairs or the cost of buying a new system.
To optimize your savings, think about signing up for a maintenance plan from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. For just one low monthly fee, you’ll decrease the risk of breakdowns and improve energy efficiency for ongoing savings. Choose from three different plans to accommodate your needs and budget. You’ll get several perks no matter which one you choose, including:
- Regular tune-ups: Our maintenance plans come with annual AC tune-ups, ensuring your system continues to operate in peak condition.
- Priority service: Members go to the front of the line when scheduling appointments, even during peak call volumes.
- Discounts: Save 15% on repairs and services, along with other discounts on new equipment.
- Repair guarantee: For your assurance, we guarantee the quality of our repairs for one full year.
Schedule Air Conditioner Service in North America
Plainly, regular AC maintenance is crucial for increasing performance and ensuring home comfort. Schedule an annual visit, if at all possible in the spring, to prevent breakdowns and enjoy numerous other benefits of a well-maintained air conditioner.
As for choosing a company to perform the work, Service Experts has long been the top choice, with qualified specialists, comprehensive maintenance plans and a commitment to customer satisfaction. Entrust air conditioner maintenance to the Experts, and you’ll keep your property cool and comfortable all year. To learn more or arrange your next AC tune-up, please contact a Service Experts office near you today.