It’s frosty out there. Most of the country is layering up for some icy temperatures. And while the Experts are always prepared to help, have a few HVAC and plumbing honey-dos to help you avoid those winter weather emergencies.
- Disconnect all exterior water fixtures.
- Insulate all exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow drip in indoor bathrooms and sinks by exterior walls can keep pipes from freezing.
- Open up those cabinets under sinks to keep warm air flowing around pipes.
- Keep an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those home heaters ready by checking them for proper operation.
- If you’ve got vents closed in unused rooms, make sure you open them up.
- If your furnace is not functional, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give those smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick check.
Follow these simple tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then make yourself some hot chocolate. And, as always, Freschi is here for you. If you’ve got questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.