Scheduling annual AC maintenance is helpful.
Tune-ups keep your air conditioner equipment in Concord working at its best performance while keeping utility consumption small. It also can even help prolong its life expectancy.
While there are a couple tasks you can finish on your own, you should hire Experts, like the ones at Freschi Service Experts, for AC checks and service.
Here are a couple steps you can do on your own as you get ready for warm weather.
Get Your AC Tune-Up Set
Spring is a time of renewal, and to many that includes a large amount of house, garage and yard freshening. With the hotter weather approaching, it’s also a good idea to add AC checkups on that checklist.
Spring is the perfect season to get your air conditioning system freshened and checked out. Delaying to turn it on until the first warm day of the year can be a gamble. If you have to have repair or installation, you might be waiting days for a technician. And that can become awfully unpleasant.
And for those with allergies, being ahead of the game with a fresh AC system will help provide the finest indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Plus, cooling service may be mandatory for your equipment’s manufacturer warranty or any additional extended warranty.
Can I Do Maintenance on My Own?
There are procedures that you can complete to help keep your air conditioner equipment in the ultimate order:
- Change your air filter. Filthy filters restrict airflow and might lower your unit’s efficiency. While how often you should replace it depends on the model you have, the U.S. Department of Energy suggests each month or two. This is very important if you have been diagnosed with allergies or have a dog in your home.
- Lawn upkeep near the outdoor condenser. Make sure there’s no grass, weeds or bushes close to your cooling system. We recommend keeping 2–3 feet of clear room. You should also clear any leaves or twigs that have collected inside your equipment, since this may block airflow.
Let the Professionals Take Care of the Rest
What’s left to accomplish? If you get in touch with Freschi Service Experts at 925-384-1303, the first thing we could do is compliment you for all the tasks you’ve already done. Then our Experts get down to the nitty gritty. We’ll check your equipment and make sure it’s operating properly with these steps:
- Adjusting electrical connections to provide reliable comfort.
- Greasing to keep moving pieces working effortlessly and potentially stay clear of problems.
- Flushing the condensate drain line to remove leak-causing mold and clogs.
- Fixing coil fins to avoid decreased airflow.
- Freshening the outside coil to get rid of any buildup from dirt and weeds.
- Examining controls to ensure your equipment is turning on, running and shutting off correctly.
- Evaluating the operating temperature parameters to make sure your unit has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we uncover troubles that involve further work, we are ready to provide you the most cost-effective solution. Finding potential issues promptly could solve more expensive issues in the future. This also gives you time to strategize if your air conditioner is getting outdated.
When you need a new AC system, our Experts will work with you to pick the best model for your needs. We also offer financing to help make your new equipment work for your budget. Regardless of what your cooling needs are, you can feel good knowing our Experts will take care of your needs.
Prepared to schedule your tune-up? Give us a call at 925-384-1303 or schedule an appointment online now.