Scheduling annual AC maintenance is worth the effort.
Tune-ups keep your air conditioner unit in Concord working at its top performance while keeping electricity needs small. It also can even help prolong its life expectancy.
While there are a couple tasks you can complete on your own, you should hire Experts, like the ones at Freschi Service Experts, for AC examinations and service.
Here are several steps you can complete on your own as you get ready for warm weather.
Get Your AC Tune-Up Booked
Spring is a time of renewal, and to many that includes a big amount of house, garage and yard sprucing. With the toastier weather near, it’s also a good idea to add AC service on that listing.
Spring is the perfect season to get your cooling system scrubbed and checked out. Hesitating to turn it on until the first sweltering day of the year can be risky. If you have to schedule repair or a new unit, you may be waiting days for a technician. And that can become awfully unpleasant.
And for people with allergies, being ahead of the game with a freshened AC system will help provide the greatest indoor air quality when it’s pollen season.
Also, cooling service may be mandatory for your equipment’s manufacturer warranty or any additional extended warranty.
Can I Do Service Alone?
There are procedures that you can take to help keep your AC unit in the ultimate order:
- Change your air filter. Clogged filters limit airflow and can reduce your unit’s efficiency. While how often you should replace it depends on the model you install, the U.S. Department of Energy suggests each month or two. This is very important if you have been diagnosed with allergies or have pets in your home.
- Lawn upkeep near the exterior condenser. Make sure there’s no grass, weeds or bushes close to your cooling system. We recommend keeping 2–3 feet of clear area. You should also get rid of any leaves or twigs that have collected inside your equipment, as this may block airflow.
Let the Pros Take Care of the Rest
What’s left to accomplish? If you ring Freschi Service Experts at 925-384-1303, the first thing we could do is compliment you for all the tasks you’ve already done. Then our pros get down to the nitty gritty. We’ll examine your equipment and make sure it’s working properly with these steps:
- Adjusting electrical connections to deliver secure cooling.
- Greasing to keep moving components working like they should and potentially skip problems.
- Flushing the condensate drain line to clear leak-causing mold and clogs.
- Fixing coil fins to avoid decreased airflow.
- Freshening the outside coil to eliminate any buildup from dirt and grass.
- Examining controls to double check your unit is switching on, running and shutting off correctly.
- Evaluating the operating temperature parameters to make sure your unit has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we find troubles that involve further work, we are set to provide you the most economical solution. Uncovering potential issues promptly may solve more substantial troubles in the future. This also gives you time to strategize if your air conditioner is getting outdated.
When you need a new cooling system, our Experts will partner with you to pick the ideal model for your needs. We also offer financing to help make your new unit work for your budget. Regardless of what your cooling needs are, you can feel good knowing our Experts will take care of your needs.
Prepared to schedule your tune-up? Give us a call at 925-384-1303 or schedule an appointment online now.