Your water heater is one of the main pieces of equipment in your house. But you possibly don’t think about to what extent your schedule relies on the water heater until you require water heater repair in Concord.
Taking a hot shower, running your dishwasher and laundering your clothing are simply a few examples of the home comforts that require hot water.
You probably don’t recognize your water heater is deteriorating until you experience cold water coming out of your showerhead. If you’re aware of these cues, you won’t miss a chance for steamy showers.
If you see these six signs, the time has arrived to call the pros at 925-384-1303.
- Rust-Colored Water
If your water looks rusty, there is a good chance that your water heater is rusting. This can cause contaminated water and a leak.
- Unusual Sounds
A minor amount of sounds are expected. If you detect distinct knocking, cracking or banging noises originating from your water heater, it could possibly be a an indication there is a problem.
If residue has developed inside, your water heater may be less economical. This might end in bigger energy expenses and potential harm to your equipment.
- Water Heater Seeping Water
Leakage is the leading cause of a deteriorating water heater. If you notice water around your tank, you’re potentially experiencing a leak and may risk considerable water damage to your house.
- Insufficient Hot Water
Getting no hot water at all is apparent evidence of an issue. But changing water temperature is frequently overlooked as a problem. This might possibly signify mineral deposits have built up and your heating element has to be fixed or removed.
If you’re receiving nothing at all or a small amount of hot water, there may be a concern with the pilot light. If you’re not confident how to fix the pilot light, reach out to our technicians at 925-384-1303. While some landlords can reignite the pilot light themselves, it can be risky if you’re apprehensive of how to light it.
If you smell a rotten egg smell, don’t try to light the water heater. Contact your local gas company at once.
- Water Heater Age
The standard run of a domestic water heater with proper upkeep is 10–12 years. Even if your outdated water heater isn’t having any concerns, it’s at a greater risk of a damaging leak.
If you’re unclear of your water heater’s age, check the identification sticker on the unit. This indicates the manufacturing date and serial number.
- Strange Taste
If your water tastes metallic, your pipes may be corroded. If both hot and cold water is discolored, the corrosion is more than likely someplace in your both hot and cold water pipes.
If only the hot water is discolored, there’s a significant likelihood the issue is inside your water heater.
You may also get rotten egg-smelling water, which is probably due to mineral deposits. Standard service will aid in keeping them from harming the inside of your water heater.
Tank vs. Tankless: What Type of Water Heater is Right for You?
When you determine it is time to upgrade, the issue becomes tank vs. tankless. Here are some considerations about the benefits of tankless water heaters:
- Tax refund —Even if the initial expense is generally more costly, qualifying tankless water heaters include a federal tax rebate of about $300.
- Unlimited hot water—Tankless water heaters supply hot water that at no time ends.
- Life Span—Tankless water heaters often outlive tank models by 5¬–10 years.
- Economical —Tankless water heaters only heat the water you use. This can save you as much as 20% on your water heating costs. They also occupy less floor space due to the fact they can be mounted on walls, below cabinets or in closets.
- Avoid Water Damage—When there’s no tank to burst, there’s no fixtures. Despite the fact a leak can happen with any equipment, tankless water heaters won’t flood or cause loss the way 40 gallons of water will.
- Cleaner water—Tankless water heaters don’t gather water. That way, you consistently have fresh water that’s not rusty or dirty.
Freschi Service Experts is Here for Each One of Your Plumbing Concerns
Freschi Service Experts’s plumbing Experts can help by fixing leaks, putting in low-flow fixtures and suggesting energy-saving improvements.
If it isn’t practical to have a overhaul done, we can propose a state-of-the-art water heater to fulfill your household requirements and resources.
Reach us at 925-384-1303 or contact us online to inquire about a consultation today.