Spring is enjoyable for more than a few reasons: flowers are blossoming, you can crack windows for outdoor air and your power bill is usually at its cheapest. That’s because you’re not turning on your heat or air conditioner.
But as temps begin to rise, so do your energy costs. Here are a couple of suggestions for saving energy in Concord and keeping payments low.
1. Schedule Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your air conditioning system a seasonal maintenance appointment can help it work more efficiently and scale down costs. Changing out your air filter will help keep power costs down.
If your cooling equipment has seen better days, spring is an excellent time to update it. The energy-saving options in updated AC systems is a big advantage for keeping your power bill down.
2. Turn Down Your Thermostat
There’s an easy way you can save up to 10% on HVAC expenses. Just set your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours each day.
Understanding how to efficiently work your thermostat is the easiest way to lower energy costs in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re around at home. Consider it this way, the lower the difference between outdoor temperatures and inside temperatures, the lower your energy cost will be.
- When you’re out, set the thermostat to a much higher temperature or shut it off. It doesn’t make sense to cool an empty house.
3. Take Advantage of Other Methods to Cool Your Space
You can try a couple other things to help keep your house cool:
- Use a ceiling fan—By using a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no reduction in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise in the summer, which forces cool air upward. This moves cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds closed—Sunlight quickly converts to heat as it passes through windows. Keep your house more comfortable by closing blinds and curtains when you’re not staying in sunny areas.
4. Look Into Using a Smart Thermostat
You’re out of the house and immediately realize you forgot to turn up the thermostat. Then you stew about it the full day!
Smart thermostats figure out your habits and change the temp when you’re gone to help you save energy and money. You can also adjust the temp from anywhere with your phone.
These expert suggestions will all help keep summer energy costs down. If you decide it’s time to upgrade your thermostat or need AC installation, call us at 925-384-1303 or contact us online. We’ll help you find the correct fit for your space. And like always, all our services are endorsed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.