Spring is nice for many reasons: flowers are blossoming, you can crack windows for fresh air and your power bill is generally at its lowest. That’s because you’re not turning to your heat or air conditioner.
But as temps begin to rise, so do your energy costs. Here are a couple of tips for saving energy in Concord and keeping payments low.
1. Book Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your AC system a seasonal maintenance appointment can help it work more efficiently and scale down costs. Changing out your air filter will help keep power costs low.
If your cooling equipment has seen better days, spring is an excellent time to upgrade it. The energy-saving options in updated air conditioning systems is a huge advantage for keeping your power charges down.
2. Turn Down Your Thermostat
There’s an easy way you can save up to 10% on HVAC costs. Just set your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours a day.
Understanding how to effectively use your thermostat is the easiest way to reduce energy costs in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re around at home. Consider it this way, the lower the difference between outdoor temperatures and inside temperatures, the lower your air conditioning cost will be.
- When you’re out, set the thermostat to a much higher temperature or turn it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty house.
3. Take Advantage of Other Approaches to Cool Your Space
You can try a couple other things to help keep your residence cool:
- Use a ceiling fan—By using a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no reduction in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise when it’s warm out, which forces cool air upward. This moves cool air more equally when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds drawn—Sunlight quickly converts to heat as it passes through windows. Keep your house more comfortable by drawing blinds and curtains when you’re not staying in sunny areas.
4. Look Into Getting a Smart Thermostat
You’ve left home and immediately realize you forgot to turn up the thermostat. Then you worry about it the full day!
Smart thermostats figure out your habits and change the temp when you’re gone to help you save energy and money. You can also adjust the temp from anywhere with your phone.
These pro suggestions will all help keep summer energy costs down. If you decide it’s time to modernize your thermostat or need AC installation, call us at 925-384-1303 or contact us online. We’ll help you find the correct fit for your space. And like always, all our services are endorsed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.