How much a new air conditioning, heating, or air filtration system will cost can differ a lot depending on many factors. These variables generally fall into a few categories:
- Lifestyle Factors:
- The health conditions of the home's inhabitants (allergies, respiratory issues, and sensitivity to surroundings)
- How the inhabitants "feel" comfortable (liking to cooler or warmer temperatures)
- Hobbies and activities happening inside the house (musical instruments, crafts, wine)
Building and Environmental Factors:
- The number, style, and size of windows you currently have, the direction the home faces, and age of the home
- Design of building, roofing, siding, ductwork, and amount of insulation present
- Geographic climate, lot size, city regulations and surrounding setting including typical humidity, neighboring industries, available land, and codes required
- Utilities desired or available; solar, geothermal, gas, electric, LP, oil
Contractor Risk Factors:
- Contractor licensing, insurance, bonding, and financial stability
- Legality, skill, and certification level of the employees installing the heating and cooling systems
- Satisfaction Guarantees and service level (accessibility and devotion to customer satisfaction)
All of these factors and more help to dictate the type, size, and level of work needed to appropriately heat and cool a home, which usually goes into the cost of the new system.
What Can You Expect to Pay?
Ranch or Smaller Residence
Up to 2000 square feet
1 or 1.5 Story
$40-$250 per month with approved financing, or $6,000 - $15,000
Average Suburban Home
2000-3500 square feet
$100-$500/month with approved financing, or $8,000 - $25,000
3500+ square feet
Various levels or highly custom
$250+ per month with approved financing, or $18,000 - $60,000+
Potential pricing may vary depending on geographic location, personal lifestyle, system settings, equipment maintenance and installation of equipment and duct system.
Because every home’s heating and cooling system must be completely custom created and installed, it is awfully hard for quality contractors like Freschi Service Experts to give a specific estimate without investigating all the factors on-site that can be found during an in-home comfort analysis. However, we can provide wide ranges of the possible HVAC system price based on the approximate size of a home that isn’t yet 30 years old. Keep in mind however, even the price ranges above can vary much more, contingent on all the factors and circumstances of a particular home and homeowner.
How HVAC Systems Are Priced by the Manufacturer (MSRP)
Central heating and cooling systems are similar to vehicle classes. Systems usually fall into big (and sometimes incorrect) ranges of "economy", "mid-level", and "premium". However, because every homeowner is unique, each new heating and cooling system is manually installed, and because of all the prior factors noted, the process and ultimate pricing of a heating and cooling system could be equated to choosing vehicle "Options."
Home Comfort Options
Home comfort Options include size and efficiency, in addition to air quality control, such as the efficiency of air cleaners and air filters. Air quality control systems are imperative for homeowners with infants and children, people in the home with allergy or respiratory problems, or climate control issues that need humidification controls. Thermostat controls are also a big part of the home comfort puzzle, and a wide selection of mobile and Wi-Fi options are now available.
Other home comfort choices include adding the required amount of insulation or redesigning, correcting, and cleaning ductwork to be sure the system performs efficiently. Some choices can be added as a set, but quite a few of these items must be decided through a complete Home Comfort Analysis, which is a free service we offer.
All of these options must be considered very carefully, since the best air conditioner or furnace can’t correctly control the comfort of the home if the duct work, attic insulation, or air filter is insufficient for the home and its residents. To learn more or get your complimentary Home Comfort Analysis, which includes your customized new system estimate, call 925-384-1303 now, or download our free eBook "Home Heating and Air Conditioning for Dummies".